Stanford Furniture is committed to the principles of sustainability, and in making responsible choices in the way we operate our business and in the furniture we supply. We are a proud member of the Sustainable Furnishings Council.
While we are striving to continually improve, here are some of the ways we address sustainability:
- We recycle office paper, cardboard, and scrap fiber, fabric, and leather.
- We are conscious of our energy consumption and turn off lights for areas not in use.
- Adhesives in our cushions have no known environmental or health issues.
- All of the foams in our cushions comply with Certi-PUR requirements. Springs are made from recycled steel.
- The stain and water resistant treatments we use are Greenguard Gold Certified
- Almost all of our wood frames are sourced locally from suppliers within 20 miles.
- Imported woods are native to the regions they are harvested. They are grown on plantations that adhere to sustainability practices in Indonesia and Europe.
- Many of our fabrics pass Cal 117 with no flame retardant additives